The Redland Foundation was formally established in 2010 to specifically serve the community of Redland City.
Redland City is situated on the southern coast of Moreton Bay, within one hour’s drive of the CBDs of Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Ipswich.
The Redlands region spans an area of just over 530 square kilometres and attained City status on 15 March 2008, having previously been a Shire since its creation in 1949 from the former Shires of Tingalpa and Cleveland.
The history of the area began thousands of years ago when the Quandamooka people were the traditional owners of the land and its surroundings.
Our modern community was established after the migration of European farmers and graziers who began moving into the region in the 1800s.
These pioneers established a thriving community based on market gardens and sugar plantations, earning Redlands the reputation as ‘the salad bowl of Brisbane’.
From this heritage has come the wonderful community spirit that still shines today throughout the City of Redlands.
The Redland Foundation embraces this history while seeking to help build a more secure future for Redland City.
Vision, Mission, Aims
Our vision is to build and enhance the community-building capacity of Redland City.
Our mission is to ensure Redland City has its own capacity to enhance the destiny of its people with our aims to:
- Be Redlands leading philanthropic organisation.
- Continue to build our local community and strive to ensure our quality of life now and into the future.
- Encourage all community members – individuals, families, companies, trusts and institutions – to invest in the future of the Redlands
- Make and build capacity within our community to assist people to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Provide relief to those who may be affected in the event of the declaration of a natural disaster in Redland City.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.
We are the change that we seek.